Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Philosophy in the classroom


One of the philosphies that caught my eye was Humanism a system of thought placing importance to humans rather than divine or supernatural matters. I thought this philosophy belonged in the classroom! I was never a religious person growing up, I was raised in a strong atheist family and I appreciated a school that allowed me to feel that way and did not place religious imput in any of there lessons. As there is a respectable seperation between the schools and religion already in schools and Humanism continues to honor that. Another wonderful feature of Humanism is the reliance of one another. It teaches kindness and to be good to your common man. This is something that is extremely important for children to learn. And honestly it's something that a great deal of adults could still stand to learn from.

No comments:

Post a Comment